HKAH–TW strongly recommends the public to subscribe to our annual physical check-up program. We offer several kinds of health assessments for different age groups and gender. In addition to physical check-up services, we also provide consultation on how to lead a quality lifestyle
- Essential Physical Examination
- Smart Physical Examination
- Elite Physical Examination
- Breast Screening Program
- Men's Health Prostate Screening Examination
- Student / Pre-employment Physical Examination
- Domestic Helper Physical Examination
- Taiwan Immigration Physical Check Package
- China Visa (Basic)
- Pre-marital Health Check
- Vegetarian Physical Examination
- Lung Assessment
- Cardiac Assessment
- Cognitive Impairment Screening
- Pre-stroke Risk Assessment Screening
For company clients, customized physical examinations can be designed to meet your needs. With more than 30 staff joining the health assessment program, we can offer your company a free health talk specially designed to cater your employee's medical needs. Your staff can also join any of our Lifestyle Management programs at a discounted price.
For more information, please contact our Marketing and Business Development Department at 2276 7114 / 2276 7116.
To encourage the over 50 age group to have their yearly health examinations, we are now offering a 30% discount on the Standard Physical Examination (for out-patient service only).
All who enjoy our physical examination programs can enjoy a special discount on the following tests:
|Female|| Lumbar spine & Hip Bone Densitometry
Mammogram & Ultrasound Breasts
Tumor Marker-Breast CA 15.3
Tumor Marker- Ovary CA125
|For Heart|| Echocardiogram
|Tumor Markers|| Alpha-Fetoprotein-for liver cancer
CEA-for colon cancer
EBV Antibody-for NPC
Ultrasound Whole Abdomen
How long does a health check take?
It will take one half day or two separate half days, depending on the package.
You may collect your report in person, or the hospital will mail it to you on request .
Who should receive a Health Assessment?
- If you are thirty years of age or over
- If you have any doubt about your present physical condition
- If you are experiencing health problems
- If you have close family members who have died prematurely
- If you are planning to get married
Do you offer a discount?
We are now offering a 30% discount on the Essential Physical Examination for outpatient service. This is to encourage the over 50 age group to have yearly health examinations.
Should further tests are necessary, participants of our Health Check Programs are also entitled to a special discount on special test items.
How should I prepare for the Health Check?
- Ladies should avoid taking a physical examination during their menstrual period.
- You are suggested to wear comfortable outfits on the assessment day.
- If you are scheduled for a treadmill test, remember to bring your sneakers and a towel.
- If you have had any medical treatment recently, please bring the report for our doctor's reference.
- You should fast for at least 8 hours prior to your scheduled physical examination, only water is permitted.
- If you are on medication, please bring your medicine for the doctor's reference.
Please make an appointment as daily quota is limited.
Tel︰(852) 2275 6688
Only applicable for:
- Who are NOT currently under compulsory quarantine.
- Who have NOT been in close contact with a suspected / confirmed case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
Points to Note :
# The above tests prices do not include doctor’s consultation fee.
- Please make an appointment as daily quota is limited. BOOKING: (852) 2275 6688.
- Health Certificate signed by a doctor is applicable to the Deep Throat Saliva Test, Combined Nasal and Throat Swabs Real-time PCR Test and Nasopharyngeal Swab Real-time PCR Test.
- If you require a Health Certificate signed by a doctor, the additional charge is $100.
- If you require an Urgent Real-time PCR Test, the additional charge is $200. The result will be available 3 hours after the sample is submitted.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Efficacy Test is recommended to take the test at least 2 weeks after the completion of 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccination.
- All tests are not for the purpose of medical diagnosis or treatment.
- Our clinical laboratory and pathology is a designated institution recognised by the HKSAR Government to provide COVID-19 PCR and COVID-19 IgG.
- All patients who come to our hospital for consultation, please follow the established infection control and diversion procedures.
- Hospital will screen patients based on risk assessment.
Arranged by Out-Patient department (General Outpatient or Urgent Care Center). $30 should be charged for the first issue of registration card.
- If patients use the services of the Urgent Care Centre outside office hours, all examinations and laboratory tests will be treated as urgent and expedited. Please check with the staff for the incurred fees and details.
- Patients are advised not to stay in the hospital’s premises while waiting for the results unless instructed by medical staffs.
- All reportable cases will be reported to the CHP and patients will be transferred to designated public hospitals for further clinical treatment.
- The final decision is subject to Admission Policy. Hospital reserves the right to amend the service without prior notice.
FAQ on COVID-19 Testing Service
What kinds of test methods are provided by Hong Kong Adventist Hospital -Tsuen Wan?
HKAH – TW provides Deep Throat Saliva Test, Combined Nasal and Throat Swabs Test, Nasopharyngeal swab Test, and Antibody Test.
What services are provided with the test?
Doctor Consultation, COVID-19 Test, Laboratory Report, and Health Certificate signed by the doctor (billed separately).
Who is eligible for the test?
Everyone who who are NOT currently under compulsory quarantine, within the last 14 days has NOT been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 is eligible for the COVID-19 Test.
What is the difference between the above tests? Which test is the most accurate?
- Nasopharyngeal Swab Test collects patient’s nasal secretions for RT-PCR test. The sensitivity and specificity of the test are close to 100%, and the test time is shorter.
- Deep Throat Saliva Test requires patient’s self-collected deep throat saliva specimens for RT-PCR test. The sensitivity and specificity of the test exceed 90%.
- Antibody Test Tests the blood for antibodies against COVID-19. It is a diagnostic test, and if positive, indicates that you have been infected in the past. It is suitable for patients who have no COVID like symptoms at present.
Which test method is suitable for me?
You are recommended to consult your doctor before choosing a test. For some people who have difficulty collecting deep throat saliva, such as children, a nasopharyngeal swab test is recommended.
How is testing for coronavirus done?
- Deep Throat Saliva Test: (I) Patients are advised to collect specimen by themselves after getting up in the morning, and before brushing teeth, eating or drinking. OR (II) patients should not brush the teeth, eat or drink at least 2 hours prior to collection of sample. The specimen can be submitted to our Clinical Laboratory Center. While waiting for the test results, you are not required to be hospitalized.
For details, please refer to:
"Procedure Notes" https://www.ha.org.hk/haho/ho/cc/Information_sheet_en_txt.pdf
“Short film” http://videocwp.ha.org.hk/wmv/deep%20throat%20saliva_Eng%20v1.mp4
- Nasopharyngeal Swab Test: Our healthcare worker will gently insert a cotton-tipped swab into the patient's nostril in a horizontal direction along the nasal floor and rotate it several times to collect secretions. Due to the high risk of coronavirus infection, the collection process will be carried out in a designated room and healthcare worker will gear up with PPE to ensure safety and health.
- Antibody Test: Patient's blood will be obtained from a finger prick or taken from a vein by our healthcare worker to detect the presence of antibodies in the body.
How can I get the test results and laboratory report?
- Deep Throat Saliva Test and Nasopharyngeal Swab Test results: Please call hotline 5506 9651 for enquiries. (Office hours 9:00-1700)
- Nasopharyngeal Swab Test (Rapid Test) and Antibody Test results: Our healthcare worker will contact you by phone call.
- Laboratory Report: You can obtain documents from the Medical Records Department. If you require a Health Certificate signed by a doctor, the additional charge is $100.
How can I do the test?
Make an appointment: Outpatient Department or 24-hour Urgent Care Center. Hotline: 2275 6888
How much is the test?
For details, please refer to the poster and welcome to inquire our staff. Hotline: 2275 6888
(852) 2275 6888