- Visiting hours : 8:00am - 9:00pm
- Please wear your own surgical masks.
- Wear a surgical mask if you have respiratory tract symptoms.
- People with illness, pregnant women and children should avoid visiting hospital.
- Our hospital reserves the right to execute any special arrangements for visitors and accompanying carers visiting our facilities without further notification.
- Wash your hands before and after visiting hospital.
- Wear a surgical mask if you have respiratory tract symptoms.
Guidelines are subject to change to reflect the latest COVID-19 situation in Hong Kong.
We are committed to providing quality service to you. If you are not entirely satisfied with our service, we want to hear from you. You have our assurance that we take your feedback seriously and will try to resolve problems quickly.
In addition, we encourage you to report any medical incidents or service complaints to our Complaint Handling Office. We will handle each case promptly according to the Department of Health’s Code of Practice for Private Hospitals while reviewing each incident or complaint for service improvement and patient safety purposes. All incident reports or complaints received by the Hospital through the official incident reporting channels below will be handled and acknowledged by the Complaint Handling Office, where staff are on hand to provide relevant support.
Appreciation and feedback
If you would like to share any comments or express an appreciation, please fill in the SHARE feedback form available in patient wards and departments. Alternatively, you could speak to the person in charge of the ward, clinic or department.
To express your unsatisfactory experience
Many patients find it helpful to discuss concerns or complaints straight away with staff or our caregivers in charge of the ward or department, who will try to resolve problems quickly. If you would rather talk to someone from outside the ward/department please reach us by Email: email@example.com
|Black Rainstrom Signal|
* Limited service will be resumed in 2 hours after BLACK Rainstorm Signal or tropical cyclone signal No. 8 or higher is canceled or lowered.
The results will be available at around 3 hours if the sample is submitted.
Tel︰(852) 2275 6688
Points to Note :
# The above tests prices do not include doctor’s consultation fee.
- Please make an appointment as daily quota is limited. BOOKING: (852) 2275 6688.
- Health Certificate signed by a doctor is applicable to the Deep Throat Saliva Test, Combined Nasal and Throat Swabs Real-time PCR Test and Nasopharyngeal Swab Real-time PCR Test.
- If you require a Health Certificate signed by a doctor, the additional charge is $100.
- If you require an Urgent Real-time PCR Test, the additional charge is $200. The result will be available 1.5 hours after the sample is submitted.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Efficacy Test is recommended to take the test at least 2 weeks after the completion of 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccination.
- All tests are not for the purpose of medical diagnosis or treatment.
- Our clinical laboratory and pathology is a designated institution recognised by the HKSAR Government to provide COVID-19 PCR and COVID-19 IgG.
- All patients who come to our hospital for consultation, please follow the established infection control and diversion procedures.
- Hospital will screen patients based on risk assessment.
Arranged by Out-Patient department (General Outpatient or Urgent Care Center). $30 should be charged for the first issue of registration card.
- If patients use the services of the Urgent Care Centre outside office hours, all examinations and laboratory tests will be treated as urgent and expedited. Please check with the staff for the incurred fees and details.
- Patients are advised not to stay in the hospital’s premises while waiting for the results unless instructed by medical staffs.
- All reportable cases will be reported to the CHP and patients will be transferred to designated public hospitals for further clinical treatment.
- The final decision is subject to Admission Policy. Hospital reserves the right to amend the service without prior notice.
FAQ on COVID-19 Testing Service
What kinds of test methods are provided by Hong Kong Adventist Hospital -Tsuen Wan?
HKAH – TW provides Deep Throat Saliva Test, Combined Nasal and Throat Swabs Test, Nasopharyngeal swab Test, and Antibody Test.
What services are provided with the test?
Doctor Consultation, COVID-19 Test, Laboratory Report, and Health Certificate signed by the doctor (billed separately).
Who is eligible for the test?
Everyone who who are NOT currently under compulsory quarantine, within the last 14 days has NOT been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 is eligible for the COVID-19 Test.
What is the difference between the above tests? Which test is the most accurate?
- Nasopharyngeal Swab Test collects patient’s nasal secretions for RT-PCR test. The sensitivity and specificity of the test are close to 100%, and the test time is shorter.
- Deep Throat Saliva Test requires patient’s self-collected deep throat saliva specimens for RT-PCR test. The sensitivity and specificity of the test exceed 90%.
- Antibody Test Tests the blood for antibodies against COVID-19. It is a diagnostic test, and if positive, indicates that you have been infected in the past. It is suitable for patients who have no COVID like symptoms at present.
Which test method is suitable for me?
You are recommended to consult your doctor before choosing a test. For some people who have difficulty collecting deep throat saliva, such as children, a nasopharyngeal swab test is recommended.
How is testing for coronavirus done?
- Deep Throat Saliva Test: (I) Patients are advised to collect specimen by themselves after getting up in the morning, and before brushing teeth, eating or drinking. OR (II) patients should not brush the teeth, eat or drink at least 2 hours prior to collection of sample. The specimen can be submitted to our Clinical Laboratory Center. While waiting for the test results, you are not required to be hospitalized.
For details, please refer to:
- Nasopharyngeal Swab Test: Our healthcare worker will gently insert a cotton-tipped swab into the patient's nostril in a horizontal direction along the nasal floor and rotate it several times to collect secretions. Due to the high risk of coronavirus infection, the collection process will be carried out in a designated room and healthcare worker will gear up with PPE to ensure safety and health.
- Antibody Test: Patient's blood will be obtained from a finger prick or taken from a vein by our healthcare worker to detect the presence of antibodies in the body.
How can I get the test results and laboratory report?
- Deep Throat Saliva Test and Nasopharyngeal Swab Test results: Please call hotline 5506 9651 for enquiries. (Office hours 9:00-1700)
- Nasopharyngeal Swab Test (Rapid Test) and Antibody Test results: Our healthcare worker will contact you by phone call.
- Laboratory Report: You can obtain documents from the Medical Records Department. If you require a Health Certificate signed by a doctor, the additional charge is $100.
How can I do the test?
Make an appointment: Outpatient Department or 24-hour Urgent Care Center. Hotline: 2275 6888
How much is the test?
For details, please refer to the poster and welcome to inquire our staff. Hotline: 2275 6888