Well Women Clinic
|With the back up of highly qualified and experienced gynecologists, HKAH–TW offers a comprehensive range of services to women.|
Our hospital offers a comprehensive range of services which includes:
1. Women's Health Assessment
2. Pap Smear Test
5. Ultrasound Examination
6. Test for Osteoporosis(Densitometry)
Cervical carcinoma is the fourth most common malignancy, and ranked seventh as a cause of cancer deaths in Hong Kong females; it affects more than five hundred women, and causes the death of about one hundred and fifty women each year. Most of these can be prevented if Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia (CIN) can be detected and treated appropriately. CIN does not give rise to any symptoms, but is suspected when abnormal cells are found on Pap smear.
Pap smear can reduce the incidence and mortality of cervical carcinoma. The target population encompasses all women from age twenty-five, or the time of commencing sexual activity, until they reach sixty-five years of age. Nine out of every ten smears will show entirely normal cells, and the smear will be reported as negative. The remaining one will be classified as abnormal, but it does not necessarily mean that the woman has cancer. After two consecutive normal annual smears, it is recommended to screen at three yearly intervals.
Colposcopy is a diagnostic tool to determine the cause of abnormalities found in pap smears. It involves examination of the uterine cervix and lower genital tract epithelium under magnification; identification of potentially dyplastic or cancerous areas, and performance of directed biopsies of abnormal areas to enable a histological diagnosis. It is not painful and has no side effects, and can detect cancer of the cervix at an early stage.
- Colposcopy is a common procedure.
- It is ordered by Obstetric and Gynaecology Specialists after a pap smear is done.
- This procedure could be performed as a day case.
- Only Obstetric and Gynaecology Specialists perform Colposcopy in our hospital.
For appointment or inquiry with a specialist Obstetrician / Gynaecologist, Please phone: (852) 2275 6888
HKAH–TW has the most experienced surgeons in gynecology. Our Operation Theater and the hospital are equipped with the most sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic equipment to ensure the most favorable outcome for women who need surgical care. We are most experienced in minimally invasive gynecological procedures.
Gynecological surgery performed at HKAH–TW includes:
- Laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic myomectomy
- Laparoscopic uterine nerve ablation
- Laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy
- Laparoscopic salpingectomy
- Laparoscopic sterilization
- Diagnostic laparoscopy
- Hysteroscopic myomectomy
- Transverse cervical resection of endometrium
- Transverse cervical rollar ball ablation of endometrium
- Hysteroscopic polypectomy
- Diagnostic hysteroscopy
- Colposcopy with LEEP (Loop Electrode Excision Procedure)
- Colposcopy with biopsy
- Diagnostic colposcopy
- Total abdominal hysterectomy
- Total abdominal hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy
- Abdominal myomectomy
- Vaginal hysterectomy
- Ovarian cystectomy
- Dilatation and curettage
Staffed by a team of experienced specialists, our Imaging Department is dedicated to providing high-quality and professional services. Through a patient-centered approach, our medical team offers care that is attentive to both the physical and psychological needs of patients, while state-of-the-art facilities ensure that accurate and timely diagnoses are provided.
(852) 2275 6688