A. Please submit the following documents with your application:
- Completed application form with a recent photo
- Fill in the form of Application for Special Procedure Privilege (page 3 of the application form for hospital privileges); and
- Provide the evidence of relevant experience in recent three years; and/or
- Provide the evidence of completed relevant training (certificate and/or reference letter by Chief of Service or Senior Medical Staff of the training hospital).
- Recent C.V.
- Business Card
- Copy of updated Annual Practicing Certificate (Medical Council of Hong Kong)
- Copy of Certificate of Registration (Medical Council of Hong Kong)
- Copy of Certificate of Specialist Registration (Medical Council of Hong Kong), if applicable
- Copies of all certificates of relevant qualifications.
- Copy of current valid Medical Professional Indemnity Insurance with receipt (A valid malpractice insurance coverage should be with no limit on indemnity and on “events occurring” basis, as stipulated by the Hong Kong Private Hospitals Association.)
- Three completed Reference Request Forms (Three referees are required to fill out the form and fax it to Medical Affairs Office at 2275-6473. One of the referees must be a physician who is practicing in the same specialty as the applicant.)
- Application for special procedures privilege(s) (if applicable), - for applying the privilege to perform Lithotripsy, Endoscopic & Laparoscopic Surgery, Endoscopy(e.g.: Bronchoscopy, Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy, Cystoscopy and ERCP), or other special procedures
* Application will not be processed unless all required documents have been submitted.
* Information of unsuccessful or incomplete applicants will be destroyed after 6 months.
B. How to submit the documents to the Hospital
All the application documents should be submitted to the Medical Affairs Office, Hong Kong Adventist Hospital – Tsuen Wan , 199 Tsuen King Circuit, Tsuen Wan, New Territories
C. Notification of application result
A letter of notification will be sent by post to an applicant, informing the result of the Hospital’s decision. Request for urgent temporary admission rights usually are not entertained, unless with a valid urgent reason. Such cases are to be considered in an individual basis.
Each doctor is required to send copies of their annual renewal Practicing Certificate and Malpractice Insurance Certificate to the Hospital, in order to maintain an updated database. The Hospital formally updates all doctors’ personal data every three years. Doctors are also required to inform the Hospital in writing, whenever there is any change in their personal or professional data.
Doctors are advised to study the Hospital information & guidelines for applicants, prior to making application
- Application Form [PDF format] [Word format]
- Re-application Form [PDF format] [Word format]
- Medical Staff By-Laws, Rules and Regulations [PDF format]
- Code of Practice of PHA [PDF format]
- Reference Request Form [PDF format] [Word format]
- Change of Personal Information [PDF format] [Word format]
- Auto-pay Form [PDF format] [Word format]
- Car Park Registration [PDF format] [Word format]
- Immunization Form [PDF format] [Word format]